24 October 2008

The Art of Procrastination

i have three fairly large papers to write this weekend. i decided to start writing on friday morning.

9:00am arrived at my office, hoping it would be quiet so i could get some research/writing done...

what i accomplished:
cleaned the fridge in my office
took the recycling out
took apart the fax machine to see why it was making a funny noise
nothing on my paper

12:30 left my office to go home, hoping to be able to get one of my papers started...

went to the pet store to get treats for ari

1:30 finally home
wrote one sentence then proceed to:

eat a slice of cheesecake
wash two loads of laundry
talk to my roommates
got the mail
rip a movie onto my computer
buy a new pair of skis
research ski boots
take ari for a walk
walk to the post office to send the movie back
ate carrots and hummus
floss my teeth, twice
ate a grapefruit, which i do not like
made saag (indian cheese)
ate cheese and crackers

wrote a blog entry...

now it is 7:27 and i only have 1/2 a page written. i wonder why?

No comments: